Wool is one of the most popular carpet fibers in the greater The Woodlands, Magnolia, Spring, Conroe, and Tomball areas because it is durable, soft, and eco-friendly. While there are many synthetic options to pick from, wool remains one of the most popular across the United States. Read below to learn more about the benefits of wool from the experts at Floor Coverings International of The Woodlands!
Wool carpet is made from the hair of sheep, which grows in a crimped and elastic fashion. Because of this, wool is a great insulator! Wool is a soft fiber that adds a cozy look to any room. This fiber can be used in all different kinds of carpet styles, from Berber to plush.
Benefits of Wool
- Environmentally Friendly: Wool is a renewable fiber that is also biodegradable and recyclable.
- Insulating: Due to its crimped and elastic fibers, wool is the best carpet fiber for insulation. This helps to keep it cooler during the warm months and warmer during the winter.
- Soft: Wool is an extremely soft carpet fiber that will feel cozy underneath your feet.
- Non-Allergenic: Wool is a great option for those suffering from asthma or allergies.
- Durable: It generally lasts longer than synthetic fibers and also wears well.
- More Expensive: Due to its high quality, wool is one of the more expensive carpet fibers available.
- More Easily Stained: Wool is very absorbent, so it can stain easier than some synthetic options. Ask your design associate about adding stain resistance to your carpet to help with this!
Wool Carpet Experts of The Woodlands
Get started on your new carpet project with a free in-home design consultation from the experts at Floor Coverings International of The Woodlands! Our mobile showroom is filled with thousands of different samples and can be brought right to your door. We proudly serve the greater The Woodlands, Magnolia, Spring, Conroe, and Tomball areas!